JJHS 2014 - 2015
GENERAL INFORMATION AND SCHOOL POLICIES
STUDENT RECOGNITION AND REWARDS
As an administration, faculty, and staff, we want to recognize our students for all the great things they do to contribute to a wonderful educational experience. Thank you for all your efforts in making Juab Junior High a great place to be.
1. "Team Wasp – Balance the Power" Recognition Cards
-Students have the opportunity to earn a "Team Wasp" card for showing good character and citizenship at school. This program is set up to reward students who are making good efforts to help make our school a better place to be. This reward is given by teachers and presented to the students in front of their peers by the principal and/or counselor. The students receive various prizes and a certificate of recognition.
2. The "Wheel"
- This program is set up to reward those students who are positive citizens in their respective classrooms. It is valuable to have students on time and in their seats when the bell rings, completing and turning in assignments on time, and staying organized. When a student exhibits these behaviors they are eligible to spin "The Wheel" for prizes during lunch on Thursdays. Teachers will award spin passes as they see students demonstrating good citizenship.
3. Buzz Club
-All students have the opportunity to earn their membership into the Buzz Club. Eligibility is determined by your grades. To be eligible a student must earn a minimum of 4 A's and 3 B's in their Effort Grades and have no NG's in their Academic Grades.
Buzz Club Activities
- Membership will be posted in the office window at the end of each term.
- Activities and/or rewards will be scheduled for each term. The JJHS Parent Board sponsors the rewards and activities for all Buzz Club events.
- The "End of Year Activity" will be a reward for those students that have been a member of the Buzz Club in at least 3 out of 4 terms throughout the school year. Students who need membership in the 4th term to be eligible for the End of Year Activity will need to be eligible for Buzz Club on a specific date announced by the office in April.
BULLYING – Definition: When a student or group of students purposely does something to someone else that would:
1. Hurt their feelings.
2. Hurt them physically.
3. Embarrass them.
4. Shame them.
Bullying is all about power and control. Those who bully are trying to gain power and control over those they are bullying. We at Juab Jr. High School do not tolerate bullying in any of its many forms. Our goal is to BALANCE THE POWER, which gives that power back to all of the students that attend our school.
3 things must be present for an interaction to be considered bullying:
1. An imbalance of power.
2. Repetitive in nature.
3. One sided.